Monday, April 7, 2014

Gradient nail art with stamping

So the other day I ordered a couple of image plates from Dashica, and I have been playing around with them ever since. The image plates are from their line called Infinity Nails. They come with different designs, and I chose two that I liked most for a first time order (I liked the whole collection, but I had to be cautious about my budget at the time.)

So let me show you what I did with the plates I have.

I started with making a gradient using make-up sponges that I bought from the Born Pretty store. Usually when I'm doing gradients I use nail polish, and after I'm done I cut the sponge so I would have a polish-free surface to work with the next time I want to do a gradient. This time I had a different idea. I used acrylic paint! It works much nicer than nail polish, and after I'm done I simply washed the sponge without having to cut it. This way I could use the same sponge for a long time instead of basically throwing a piece of it away after every use.


 I let that dry and then I added a layer of top coat to have a nice surface for stamping without risking any damage to the acrylic paint. Once that was completely dry, I moved on to the stamping.

For this I used the image plate #30 from Infinity Nails by Dashica, in combination with a black stampy polish from Essence.



I loved the result so much that I kept it for a few days. I actually had this on one hand, and the other was polish free. And a few days after I had done this, I had a meeting to go to, and so I needed both my hands to have nail polish on them. And me being me, instead of doing the same thing, I did a completely different design on the other hand. It wasn't as successful, but it was fun to do it.


What I did was I painted my nails two layers of Ultimate Nudes 020 Cotton Candy At Eiffel Tower from Catrice, and after it was completely dry I grabbed random colors and started stamping using Infinity plate #41 from Dashica.

And of course, like every time after doing nail art, I finished it off with a top coat.

Here's a photo of both plates that I used:
Infinity Nails #30

Infinity Nails #41

I hope you enjoyed today's post!

Until next time!

2 comments: